Location : 40.785436, -73.956856
Walking 10 minutes
The Jewish Museum of New York was first established in 1904, when the Jewish Theological Seminary received a gift of 26 Jewish ceremonial art objects. In 1944, Frieda Schiff Warburg, widow of philanthropist Felix Warburg, donated the family mansion (located at Fifth Avenue and 92nd Street in the middle of Museum Mile in New York City) for use as the museum. The museum remains in the same location, and now displays a collection 28.000 objects including paintings, sculpture, archaeological artifacts, and many other pieces important to the preservation of Jewish history and culture.